J. Henderson Barr and William V. Linde founded the Barr and Linde architectural firm in 1957 in Essex Junction, VT. In 1959, Charles Hubbard joined the firm and the name was changed to Barr, Linde and Hubbard, Architects. This firm dissolved in 1964, with Barr opening his own office and Linde and Hubbard remaining together as Linde-Hubbard Associates. Following Linde's death in 1968, the firm evolved into Burlington Associates.
For specific details on the careers of Barr, Linde and Hubbard please visit their individual pages on this site.
Burlington Free Press, "Two Architects Open New Firm, With Offices in Essex Junction", February 2, 1957.
Burlington Free Press, "Charles Hubbard Joins Essex Jct. Architects' Firm", July 4, 1959.
Burlington Free Press, "Barr, Linde and Hubbard Dissolves", September 26, 1964.